Thursday, January 28, 2010

Orsoni Day 11







Pics:
1. My mosaic, tonight.
2. Fur coats. Outside the train station.
3. I succumbed. Dark chocolate. Uff! Italian icecream
4. You see! Fur coat.
5. Do you believe me?
6. The exit from our little lane onto the canal. Love it.
7. Antonelle's studio. I want one just like this. She showed us how to cook glue.


I think everyone is starting to experience separation anxiety.
A strange sadness and distance is creeping in.
Tomorrow is our last day in class. Although 3 of us are staying on for the weekend, and will be working in the studio, the course is actually ending tomorrow.
I don't want it to end.
It's been one of those experiences that one never wants to end.
Like falling in love.

I don't care about the certificate ceremony tomorrow. I want to be Italian. I want to live in the glass factory. I want to marry all the colours. And have babies with Gold. I want to meditate in front of the furnace and watch the birth of Galaxies in the molten glass. I want to be one of the powerful people who lean their weight into the giant metal bars and stir the fiery liquid in the crucibles.
And I want to spend every day cutting glass into fragments and building new worlds out of the broken pieces.

I've loved being a student. (And I've loved the luxurious parts of being a student here). I relish my own room, the space, my shiny white bathroom and the haphazard way I've run my meal times. Adrenaline has been my companion throughout, the early mornings, the late nights, the even later nights spent blogging and watching movies on my Apple in bed. All Wonderful.

My fantasy of wandering down the street in the chilly weather, wrapped up warmly, finding a tiny tratorria and reading my book while I eat delicious Italian fare has been lived out, and proven to be utterly divine.

It's been a great privilege to have Antonelle and Mirta around all day. Both in their own way contributing to this being an outstandingly successful learning experience.
Perfecto!!

I don't want to go home.
So I salute myself for booking my return flight to Holland on Monday rather than flying out straight after the course ends.
I need these extra days to wind down and prepare for moving back into the world.

Enjoy the fun pics from the day.
I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments: